SKIDROW - SKID ROW ALBUM REVIEW

 


I fell in love with Skid Row back in 2004 or 2005 when my dad suggested to check 'em out since I was really into bands like the Crüe, Poison and that stuff. He had been a fan of theirs back in the day himself and now I became one too. This was the first Skid Row album that I loved and I thought it was an awesome album. I probably liked it a little more back then compared to today since I'm much more into alternative / grunge and death metal today, but it's still an awesome album that maybe well grow on me again.

I remember when I heard songs like "Makin' A Mess", "Here I Am" and "Piece Of Me". I just couldn't stop listening to it because of it's sleazy smash power they have with the excellent Sebastian Bach on vocals. "18 And Life" which is one of the hits from here is maybe my favorite on this album. It's a really beautiful power-ballad and Sebastian's voice is a fucking gift from God. I think songs like that one and "Youth Gone Wild" really defined what Skid Row are all about. Their combination of sleaze, heavy metal and hard rock is awesome and there are few bands who does it as good as Skid Row. "Midnight / Tornado" which is co-written by their ex. singer and also ex. singer of Anthrax, Matt Fallon, is maybe the heaviest track on here with the part called "Tornado" being pretty heavy at the end.

The production is awesome and it fits this so perfectly. It sounds typical late 80's sleaze metal and it goes along with the songs very well. The only thing I've had a little problem with are the drums. They sometimes sounds like they're a bunch of cookie jars.

The cast is very talented musicians and everyone is very good at their thing. I really love Sebastian's voice and the guitar solos are pretty awesome on some tunes as well.

So finally to my last comments on "Skid Row"...

I totally recommend this album for all fans of sleaze, heavy metal... Maybe even other kinds of metal. I'm pretty open in music and can take the most in metal as well as outside metal and I think this is an album which is easy to get into.

With this album, Skid Row marched into a big success and would follow this album with an even better one.

Track List  :

1. Big Guns
2. Sweet Little Sister
3. Can't Stand the Heartache
4. Piece of Me
5. 18 and Life
6. Rattlesnake Shake
7. Youth Gone Wild
8. Here I Am
9. Makin' a Mess
10. I Remember You
11. Midnight/Tornado


**Disclaimer***

I do not own any copyright for any of this material!
Copyright belongs to Skid Row and
Atlantic Recordings!
Purchase your remastered copy today!


SKID ROW - SKID ROW FULL ALBUM 
( Poor Audio Quality )