RELOAD ALBUM REVIEW

 



Kissing Ass!!! 
By Anus_Canis, January 5th, 202

If there was any album from Metallica's discography that disappointed me, it was "Reload". I'm even more disappointed to have ranked this album so low, as I thought this album was pretty decent. This may surprise most people reading this because I am aware of how much most of you hate this album, but I genuinely enjoyed ten out of thirteen of the songs from this album. These songs are truly unique gems; I mean, sure, they aren't as awesome as the songs from "Load", but I still found them to be exceptionally enjoyable. However, if I didn't bother to listen to them again, I would've given this album a profoundly low ranking, as this album as a whole is one of Metallica's worst. I still think this is one of Metallica's worst albums, but I mostly feel this way because of three songs that completely kissed ass. I would still recommend most of the songs from this album for those of you that are open-minded, but as for the others, I encourage you to avoid the shit out of them like the plague.

The songs from this album that completely kissed ass were "Slither", "Attitude", and "Fixxxer". The banality of these songs literally put me in a shitty mood, especially the latter two, and I'm not even exaggerating about that either, as no song, no matter how awful, has ever had this effect on me before, well, perhaps except Christian worship music, as that shit is banal AF. Although "Slither" had a decent riff, James Hetfield's vocals were horribly obnoxious (which is never something I would usually say about his vocal work), and the lyrics were horseshit. They were so piss poor that I was unable to determine what value they added to the song because, to be honest, there was no point to these lyrics. But hey, at least they weren't as shitty as the lyrics appearing on Mortification's "Impulsation", which is saying a lot, as I hated the lyrics on "Slither". As for "Attitude", there was no attitude (pun intended); instead, there was nothing but boring shitass background noise. Lastly, as for "Fixxxer", there was no FIXXXING that (pun intended), as it literally had the most boringly repetitious riff I have ever heard in the history of heavy metal music. I have yet to hear any song or riff as shitty as that.

However, although there were kiss-ass songs from this album, there were songs I genuinely enjoyed, with "Fuel" absolutely being the best song on the album, as it has kick-ass riffs and lyrics. The rest of the songs are excellent masterpieces, with perhaps my favorite of these being "The Memory Remains" featuring Marianne Faithful, who helped to give this song a sinister feel, and "Devil's Dance" because of how catchy it was. But perhaps the most unique songs from this album were "Where the Wild Things Are" and "Low Man's Lyrics", as they have a sound that cannot be found in any other Metallica song. "The Unforgiven II" is an extremely underrated song that I think is better than the first unforgiven. Finally, as for "Better Than You", "Carpe Diem Baby", "Bad Seed", and "Prince Charming", they are also underrated songs I genuinely enjoyed. Although "Carpe Diem Baby" has mediocre lyrics, I like how the overall point of the song is to live in the moment. I enjoy that! Overall, I would recommend these songs, even if someone ends up heavily disliking these songs in the process.

To summarize, although there were awesome, underrated songs from this album, the album as a whole was average at best. It didn't come remotely close to comparing to the masterpiece that was "Load" or to any of Metallica's other previous albums, although I still found it to be better than Mortification's "Post Momentary Affliction". Furthermore, I gave this album a ranking of 79%. It frustrates me to rate this album so low, but that’s only because “Slither”, “Attitude”, and “Fixxxer” add literally no value to the album as a whole. Although I love the riff in the first, everything else about it sucked. As for the latter two, they were absolute horseshit! Overall, although “Reload” had a lot of potential, it was honestly just an inferior version of “Load”. Unlike its predecessor, which kicked ass, this album, by comparison, kissed ass. In other words, if there is anything this album did well on, it was kissing ass!

Track List :

1. Fuel
2. The Memory Remains
3. Devil's Dance
4. The Unforgiven II
5. Better than You
6. Slither
7. Carpe Diem Baby
8. Bad Seed
9. Where the Wild Things Are
10. Prince Charming
11. Low Man's Lyric
12. Attitude
13. Fixxxer

***Disclaimer*** 

I do not own any copyright for any of this material!
Copyright belongs to Metallica and Blackened Recordings! 
Purchase your remastered copy today!


METALLICA - RELOAD FULL ALBUM
( Poor Quality )